I hope you were excited to read the announcement yesterday about our new online recruitment system. Representatives from each campus, institute, Human Resources and IRIS have put in many hours of hard work to streamline and enhance the employment process to make it easier for both internal and external applicants.
Some highlights of the online employment system include:
- Beginning the requisition process in IRIS using the existing Position Create/Change e-form.
- Requisition and job offer approvals route through existing IRIS workflow.
- Consistent minimum posting of seven (7) days for both exempt and non-exempt staff positions.
- One Equity and Diversity approval after the primary and alternate pools have been identified.
- Ability to manage applicants online.
Your recruitment staff are going through their final training this week. After we return from the Winter Break, they will be conducting training for you. Our training schedule is listed below.
Additional information regarding the training sessions will be provided after the winter break.
In addition to our group training, our staff will be glad to help anyone on a one-on-one basis. We will also be having open labs in the IRIS Training Room, 150 Conference Center Building, from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on January 23 & 30; February 13, 20, and 27; and March 5, 2012. Please call our office at 865-974-6642 for assistance.
Between now and January 18, 2012, we will continue to fill jobs as we do now. Below is an outline of what will happen when we “go live” with Jobs at UT.
Effective January 18, 2012 requisitions will be entered, approved and advertised in the new applicant tracking system (ATS). Positions received on or after January 18 will be filled through the new ATS. Jobs that remain unfilled in our old system will be manually entered in the ATS by HR. For these positions, new candidates will apply electronically via the ATS; however, the position will be filled using the old system.
- Candidates will only have to apply one time during the transition time – via the old system for candidates applying prior to January 18 or via the ATS for candidates applying after January 18. For candidates applying in the new ATS after January 18, HR will ensure that they are added to the active applicant pool in the old system.
- Hiring managers will only submit requisitions once. For positions still active in the old system prior to January 18, HR will manually open a requisition in the new system. Managers will continue to receive applications via the old method until their position is successfully filled.
- Requisitions submitted prior to January 18 will follow our current employment process and approvals. Any requisition submitted January 18 and after will follow the new employment process (including the minimum listing of 7 days and one approval stop for affirmative action).
Our office is eagerly awaiting the launch of our new online recruitment system. We look forward to being able to help you fill your vacancies with well-qualified applicants that apply online!