To: All UT Faculty and Staff
From: Linda Hendricks, UT Chief Human Resources Officer
Applying for and filling jobs at the University of Tennessee is easier and more efficient than ever with today’s launch of UT Jobs – a single online database integrating all staff openings across the University.
The new system streamlines and automates many job search, application and hiring processes, allowing us to better recruit and retain talented employees.
UT Jobs is accessible from each campus and institute human resources website and from the System HR website.
I encourage you to click through the new system and mention it to anyone interested in pursuing a career at the University.
Current and prospective applicants will benefit from:
- * customized search functions by campus or institute, geographic region, zip code and job function,
- * applicant-managed job profiles,
- * automatic notifications of new openings matching job profiles,
- * electronic uploading and submission of resumes, and
- * automatic removal of positions once filled.
Staff tasked with filling positions will see improved processes for:
- * posting jobs, searching applicant materials and requesting and receiving necessary approvals from HR and equity and diversity offices,
- * reviewing important hiring trends such as time-to-fill and diversity metrics, and
- * analyzing why applicants decline job offers.
Training was conducted for hiring managers and additional user guides are available for hiring departments at the above-referenced website. A video tutorial being created for hiring managers will be available soon. Applicants also have access to quick references and tips within the system.
Human resources representatives on each campus and institute are available to answer questions and help arrange additional training. The HR Call Center is another resource and can be reached at (888) 444-UTHR.
This is an important initiative that will greatly impact our ability to manage the recruitment process. Thank you to the implementation staff at each campus and institute.
Faculty positions are not included in the system at this time, but plans are in the works to add them soon.
Thank you for all you do for the University.