The Office of Human Resources, in collaboration with the Office of Diversity and Engagement, is pleased to share with you two brand new professional development programs: UConnecT and the UT Inclusive Leadership Academy (UTILA).
UConnecT targets highly motivated non-exempt staff with three years of continuous service. UConnecT aims to provide them with a set of carefully constructed professional development experiences and is designed to immediately benefit participants’ current departments and develop a pipeline of talent for the campus area community. UConnecT employs a cohort model, in a yearlong, high-impact program.
- Strengthen the pipeline of early-to-mid-career non-exempt professionals ready to assume progressively responsible roles;
- Create connections between participants and senior leaders and to help increase understanding of complex higher education structures;
- Create a professional peer network;
- Put Volunteer Values into action—seeking knowledge, leading with integrity, advancing diversity and inclusion, engaging locally and globally, and responsible stewardship of resources; and
- Develop the skills and self-reflection necessary to support and lead inclusive work environments.
To be considered for attendance in UConnecT, each applicant must complete an application and submit two letters of reference by May 15, 2019. Please contact Audrey Robinson at email@example.com for further information.
Our second new offering, UTILA, will equip leaders with the content knowledge, leadership behaviors, and support to effectively lead our diverse workforce and create a culture of inclusion. This learning opportunity is available to exempt staff and faculty.
The initial fall 2019 offering of UTILA will consist of monthly sessions August through December. It is limited to 20 attendees. To be considered for attendance, each applicant must complete an application and submit a letter of recommendation and a letter of impact by May 20, 2019, to Will Ploskonka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also will be offering up to three additional UTILA programs for intact groups/departments in the spring of 2020. There is no application requirement for the intact programs, although we will require a letter of recommendation from the unit/department leader.
You can also contact Will Ploskonka at email@example.com or 974-2889 with any questions.
We are excited to bring these opportunities to you and look forward to working with you.