The Diversity Professional Development Fund for Staff (DPDFS) was created to support the participation of staff in diversity-related programs and conferences. To receive funding for diversity conferences, seminars, and other programs, an applicant must meet these staff eligibility requirements and adhere to the following guidelines.
- UT Knoxville (UTK) exempt or non-exempt staff who have twelve or more months of regular, continuous service (minimum of 75% time) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be committed to supporting work-related diversity awareness and inclusion.
- Applicants must provide a letter of introduction detailing relevant goals and how the diversity program/conference/ seminar will benefit those goals.
- Applicants must provide a written letter of support from their departmental supervisor, detailing the benefits of participation to the employee, department, and university.
- New applications are due on the following schedule for spring 2021: March 15 and June 10. Please note that all applications are due one month before the program. Please visit https://hr.utk.edu/diversity-fund-for-staff/ to complete the application and submit required documentation online.
Please contact Shannon Bruce at email@example.com with any questions.
Please share and help us get the word out about this phenomenal opportunity!