An opportunity for a Staff Diversity Fellow is available in the Office of Human Resources for 2021-2022 (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022). The purpose of the Staff Diversity Fellow is to enhance skill development and provide the opportunity for experience in the areas of professional development, workshop facilitation, and diversity, equity and inclusion. This professional opportunity is designed to provide a collateral assignment that expands expertise and enhances individual skill sets in the current role and/or in future roles at the university.
We are seeking exempt staff from a variety of backgrounds that can assist with the design and facilitation of workshops related to diversity, equity and inclusion as part of everyday work performance for staff. The position is open to regular, full-time exempt staff members at UTK with at least four years of service. Responsibilities are based on individual interests, experiences, and divisional needs.
The Staff Diversity Fellow will:
- Assume administrative responsibilities within the Office of Human Resources
- Assist with the design and facilitation of workshops related to diversity, equity and inclusion as part of everyday work performance for staff
- Promote the recruitment and retention of diverse staff
- Develop resources and tools to aid in the facilitation of workshops with intact work groups
- Actively participate in related initiatives in Human Resources
- Market the workshops to the Chancellor’s commissions, Exempt Staff Council (ESC), Employee Relations Committees (ERC), and others as needed
Fellows will receive $4,000 in total for the appointment which is for one fiscal year, beginning July 1, 2021. The stipend will be paid in equal monthly installments. The fellow will meet regularly with Human Resources and Office of Equity and Diversity staff, and periodically with appropriate faculty and staff to meet the objectives of the position. In addition to the previously stated outcomes the Fellow will have an opportunity to customize their experience based on expertise and areas of interest. Time commitments are negotiable.
Please forward applications including a resume and letter of interest while copying your direct supervisor by April 19, 2021 to email@example.com. We will meet with candidates prior to making an appointment. Thank you for your consideration.