If you are looking for a career, then look no further than The University of Tennessee Knoxville! The positions below are immediate hiring opportunities.
The Financial Analyst provides analytical and accounting support for financial, budgeting, planning and reporting activities for the College. The primary responsibilities of this position include budget development and implementation, continuous monitoring of actuals versus budget, variance analysis, running financial scenarios and gauging their impacts on college operations, standard periodic (monthly) managerial reporting, and ad hoc analysis and reporting. This position will report to the Budget Director and supports the managerial financial decision-making of the college. This position will work primarily with the new campus budget model (BAM) which will determine the future of the college resource management. This is an important role that has major implications on future funding, forecasting and resource management.
The Financial Analyst will be the subject matter expert regarding use of the Adaptive Insights budgeting and forecasting tool for the college, and will be responsible for developing and managing the reporting capabilities of the tool. The financial analyst will also be the primary point of contact for data gathering requests and analysis of the gathered data, including being able to identify and pull data from various sources such as IRIS, BW, OIRA, HR, Enrollment Management, and others.
Do you possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other closely related field
- 3 to 5 years of professional finance or accounting experience to include 3 years experience with financial analysis, budgeting, and modeling; experience with Microsoft Excel, databases, report writing software and ERP systems.
- Exceptional computer and analytical skills with the ability to translate raw data into information and knowledge through the use of reports and graphical displays.
- Knowledge of data warehouse methodologies, data modeling, and analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with software such as PowerBI, PowerQuery, Argos, Crystal Reports or Tableau.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external management and college faculty and staff.
- The ability to manage projects and facilitate successful and timely completion
- Self-motivation and the ability to self-direct the work.
If so, we encourage you to apply for one of our many Financial Analyst positions. Please use the link(s) below to review each job and apply.
We are currently seeking the additional finance related positions:
Financial Associate – Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Administrative Manager – Chemistry
Assistant Business Manager – Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Financial Administrator – Budget & Finance
Business Manager – College of Law
Assistant Director – Social Work Research & Public Service
Director of Finance and Administration – College Of Communication & Information
Budget Director – Haslam College Of Business
We welcome you to view all position opportunities at: