Welcome to the University of Tennessee! We are so glad that you have joined our Volunteer Family! Our entire HR Team is committed to ensuring your transition to the University of Tennessee is as comfortable and seamless as possible. Please thoroughly review the following important information and feel free to contact your Recruitment Business Partner (RBP) with any questions.
When you come to campus, to comply with COVID-19 safety requirements, you will need to maintain social distancing, wear face coverings, and complete a Visitor Health Screening Form.
New Employee Welcome
Please complete the following forms.
- Direct Deposit
- Designation of Beneficiary Form (include all SSN’s)
- Personal Data Form (click here, forms are in alphabetical order)
- Release of Final Paycheck
- Authorization of Disclosure
Once the above forms have been completed please return the forms on or before your first day of employment. Options for return of forms:
- Email your completed forms to NewEmployeeWelcome@utk.edu. Type ENCRYPT in the subject line to secure the email.
- Schedule an appointment to hand deliver to your RBP
I-9 will need to be completed on or before your first day of employment. Please note that for the I-9, you will need to bring appropriate documents for proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. If you need more information about appropriate documents, see I-9 Form and Instructions or call your RBP. Failure to present required I-9 documents on or before your first day of employment will delay your ability to begin work. To complete and return the I-9 schedule an appointment with your RBP.
- Insurance Materials and Required Forms, Insurance Optional Forms, Insurance to-do list, and Insurance Checklist (signature required) (presentation below)
- Email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type ENCRYPT in the subject line to secure the email.
- Retirement materials for Exempt new hires and Nonexempt new hires (presentation below)
- Return completed forms to 221 UT Conference Center Building or email to email@example.com. Type ENCRYPT in the subject line to secure the email.
Note for Faculty: Contact your department to ensure hiring process is complete and for information regarding additional new faculty orientation activities and events.
Please review the following presentations for helpful information.
- HR New Employee Welcome (policies)
- Office of Equity & Diversity and Title IX Office (OED and Title IX websites)
- UT Police Department (UTPD website)
- Insurance (Insurance website) *
- Retirement (Retirement website) *
*For additional assistance:
Retirement will offer Zoom sessions on the first and third Wednesdays of each month from 11:00 am – 12:00 Noon (Click here to join with meeting ID: 917 2301 1373 and password: 5qWKNR)
Insurance will offer Zoom sessions on the second and fourth Mondays of each month from 9:00 am – 10:00 am (Click here to join with meeting ID: 962 8749 3993 and password: 442565)
The VolCard is your official University of Tennessee identification. The VolCard Office is located at 408 Student Services Building, 1331 Circle Park Drive.
How to obtain your VolCard:
Email a passport style photo with your name in the subject line to NewEmployeeWelcome@utk.edu. The RBP will submit your photo to the VolCard Office. You will be able to pick up your VolCard on or after your first day of employment at the VolCard Office.
A parking permit is required to park in all university owned lots and garages. To secure a parking permit visit the Parking Services office on your first day of employment. You will need vehicle information including year, make, model, and tag number. Parking Services office is located at 2121 Stephenson Drive.
The purpose of the Organizational Introduction is to allow Human Resources to continue to be engaged with new employees from your offer acceptance through your first 60 days of employment. Organizational Introduction sessions will be scheduled on the first and third Monday of each month. You will be scheduled for an Organizational Introduction session during your new employee welcome phone call with the HR Representative. Following the phone call, the HR Representative will email your session details including a ZOOM link. The Organizational Introduction will provide information about the university and various programs and benefits that are available to you as an employee.
Organizational Introduction Agenda
|8:00 – 8:05 am||Welcome Video
Welcome videos from Vice Chancellor Office of Diversity and Engagement; Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources
|8:05 – 8:20 am||Senior Leader Welcome (live)|
|8:20 – 8:30 am||Learning and Organizational Development (HR website and Facebook, learning opportunities, affinity groups, UTILA and UConnecT)|
|8:30 – 8:45 am||Chancellor’s Commissions – live or voice over|
|8:45 – 8:50 am||Overview of various programs (Discuss Holiday schedule, tuition waiver, RecSports, BeWell, Library Services, VolShop, Benefits Outreach, etc) – live or voice over|
|8:50 – 9:00 am||Outreach and Engagement / ODE / BERT – live or voice over|
|9:00 – 9:15 am||Q&A and Thank you (if needed, attendees may leave meeting at 9:00 am)|