Welcome to the University of Tennessee! We are so glad that you have joined our Volunteer family! Below is some helpful information about your New Employee Orientation session.
New Employee Orientation is held at the former UT Visitors Center at 2712 Neyland Drive. Orientation begins at 8 a.m. and we recommend arriving no later than 7:45 a.m. in order to park and check in and enjoy a cup of coffee. Parking is available outside of the former UT Visitors Center. View Google Map for directions.
Here is a glimpse of what you can expect during your morning with us:
|8–8:30 a.m.||Welcome, I-9, Photo|
|8:35–9:05 a.m.||Parking Info, Policies, and Tennessee Traditions|
|9:05–9:20 a.m.||UT Police|
|9:20–9:35 a.m.||Office of Equity and Diversity and Title IX|
|9:35–9:45 a.m.||Employee and Organizational Development (Training)|
|10:20–10:25 a.m.||Thank You/Final Questions|
|10:25–11:00 a.m.||Booth Break Out/Benefits Material Pickup|
Forms and Identification
We recommend all new employees print, complete and bring the following forms with you to orientation:
- W-4 2019
- Direct Deposit (bring voided check or bank documentation)
- Designation of Beneficiary
- I-9 Form and Instructions
Please not that for the I-9, you will also need to bring along appropriate documents to show identity and eligibility to work in the United States. (If you need more information about documents see I-9 Form and Instructions above or call 865-974-6642.) Failure to present required documents on your first day may make you ineligible to begin work.
If you are a non-US citizen who does not have permanent residency, kindly contact the Center for International Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-3177 before or soon after attending New Employee Orientation.
A Few More Things…
- To receive a parking permit, please bring your driver’s license number, vehicle make and model, and license plate number and expiration date.
- To establish a beneficiary(ies) please bring the name, date of birth, and social security number.
- You are encouraged to review UT’s benefits prior to orientation.
- Informational department presentations from the Recruitment, Insurance, Retirement, Equity & Diversity and Title IX, UT Police and Training.
For orientation questions, please contact HR Recruitment at 865-974-6642 or email@example.com.
Welcome aboard! See you at the Visitors Center!