Please note: As of March 1, 2021, all requests for employment verification must be processed through i2Verify, and the previously used employment verification process will no longer be accepted.
Employment verifications may be required when applying for a mortgage or loan, a reference check, leasing an apartment, establishing credit or any other instance where there is a need for proof of employment or income.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville partners with i2Verify to provide employment verifications for all former and existing UTK faculty, staff, and students. All employment verification requests need to originate with i2Verify at www.i2Verify.com.
- Properly credentialed verifiers can securely obtain an employment verification through i2Verify.
- Employees may access the self-service portal through i2Verify to view their information and manage access to their employment data. Employees may also generate their own employment verification reports.
- Live support is available during normal business hours by calling 1-888-458-6319.
For more detailed information, please refer to the i2Verify Employee User Guide.
- When you log into i2Verify, you will first be asked to submit your email address and password.
- Once you successfully submit those items, you will also receive an email with a 2-factor authentication code that you need to submit within 15 minutes.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will have several options. These include:
- New Employment Report: From here you can instantly obtain an Employment Verification Report or an Employment Verification Letter from UTK.
- Permission Keys: Permission keys allow you to add an additional level of security to the employment verification process. If you activate the option to require permission keys, all non-government verifiers will require your permission prior to being granted access to your data. This permission comes in the form of a permission key that only you can generate.
- View Past Reports
- Block or unblock access to your data.
For More Information
If you have trouble accessing or navigating the i2verify webpage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have other questions, email email@example.com.
i2Verify automates the verification process by instantly and securely delivering employment information that requestors such as banks or government agencies rely on to make credit granting or benefit entitlement decisions (mortgages, loans, etc.). It is important to note that the Office of Information Technology (OIT) has reviewed the data elements and business processes to ensure that i2Verfiy will safeguard sensitive data. i2Verify is PCI compliant and has the necessary measures in place to safely store and protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Clients of i2Verify include lenders, property managers, pre-employment screeners, and social service agencies. Utilizing i2Verify for employment and wage verification will benefit UTK employees and departments in multiple ways:
- By eliminating the need for internal verifications, i2Verify reduces the turnaround time associated with employment or wage verification. A properly credentialed verifier, such as a bank or mortgage company, can now securely access employment verification data at any time at www.i2Verify.com. This is especially beneficial during the periods when most UTK offices are closed, such as the weekend, or during extended holiday breaks.
- Through the i2Verify employee portal, employees are allowed complete visibility into the verification process. Employees can block access to their data, generate their own reports, or choose to be notified when someone views their data.
i2Verify’s employment verification process is secure. Not only does i2Verify validate the identity of all users of its system prior to allowing access to sensitive employee data, but a complete audit trail of every verification is created and then is made available to employees.