The Dual Career Program, or DCP, provides spouses and partners of prospective and recently hired UT Knoxville, employees with tools and resources for finding employment in the Knoxville area and connecting with potential employment opportunities.
We know that career decisions are made within the context of personal and family considerations. Our dual career program—a partnership between Human Resources, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Diversity and Engagement—reflects the university’s commitment to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified, diverse, and inclusive workforce.
DCP services are available to the spouse or partner of any prospective employee who has an offer of full-time employment at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and is considering relocation to the Knoxville area, and of any current employee who began full-time employment at the university and relocated to the Knoxville area within the past two years.
How It Works
An eligible spouse or partner can contact the UT Knoxville Human Resources office to schedule an initial consultation, which can take place by phone or in person. During the consultation, they’ll discuss their employment goals and interests with an HR staff member, who will explain the services provided by the DCP and schedule any needed follow-up sessions.
What We Offer
- Individual consultation
- Guidance in applying for positions at the University of Tennessee and an overview of the UT system and the university search process
- Identification as a DCP applicant for positions at UT
- Job search guidance including resources and contact information on opportunities with local and regional employers
- Resume or CV review and update
- Assistance in drafting cover letters
- Interview coaching and assistance
- Knoxville area business and community services resource list
The program provides job search support but does not guarantee employment with the university or a community partner.
Contact the UT recruitment manager at email@example.com or 865-974-4540 for additional information or to schedule a consultation.