The following steps are provided to assist in filling regular non-exempt vacancies.
Step 1: Position Descriptions/Requesting the Requisition
- If you are creating a new position or asking for a classification change, you must complete the Position Description Form and the Classification Request Form. Send completed forms, along with an organization chart, to email@example.com for classification review. The compensation team will evaluate the information provided and respond to you with the classification recommendation for your new or vacant position.
If there are no changes to a position description, you may proceed to the next step below.
- Complete a Position Create/Change e-form in IRIS (ZPPOSITION000) to make the requested changes or to create the new position. It is in this step that you will select ‘yes’ to the Create Requisition question. Attach a job posting that is consistent with the Position Description when submitting the IRIS workflow transaction. Once the position is fully processed through workflow a requisition will populate in Taleo for the recruitment unit to post as a vacant position.
Step 2: The Requisition
- Once the position is posted, you may view it in Taleo – UT’s applicant tracking system. (You will be asked to log in using your NetID and password.)
- All regular non-exempt positions must be advertised for a minimum of seven calendar days. The presence of a well-qualified, diverse applicant pool will determine if the position should be advertised longer. The position will be advertised on the:
- External Career Site: Both external and internal applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Internal Career Site: Only UT internal applicants* will be considered.
*NOTE: Internal applicants are considered to be regular and temporary UT faculty and staff currently employed by the University.
- HigherEd Jobs: higheredjobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed: insidehighered.com
For additional advertising resources please connect with your Recruitment Business Partner.
Step 3: The Candidate Pool
Recruitment Business Partners will screen applications based on required education and experience as stated in the position description. Applications that meet the required job qualifications will be made available for the hiring manager to view in Taleo.
Each applicant goes through a series of steps and statuses during the hiring process. Your Recruitment Business Partner can assist you with moving candidates through the required steps and statuses.
Step 4: Selection, Vetting and Job Offer
Once a successful candidate has been identified, prior to connecting with the candidate to make an unofficial offer:
- Initiate the background check by communicating with your Recruitment Business Partner.
- Contact a minimum of three professional references, and most importantly the most recent supervisor.
Once you have made the formal offer, you will enter the offer in Taleo. The approval for job offers takes place in IRIS and appears in each approver’s inbox.
Please note: All offers are contingent upon successful background and social media checks, and verification of any educational requirements.
Step 5: Onboarding
Once the formal job offer has been extended, the Recruitment Business Partner will send the new employee information about the onboarding process. This email will include instructions about required new hire documents that must be completed prior to the first day of employment. Please note: All new hires are required to complete the I-9 form and provide appropriate supporting documentation prior to but no later than the first day of work