UT Knoxville Human Resources is committed to supporting staff in their career development, recognizing our careers are an important part of our identities. Recognized by Forbes magazine as one of America’s best places to work, we believe a strong career development program for staff can contribute to staff engagement, fulfillment, and productivity.
Career Development Coaching supports staff in designing careers of meaning and purpose. You’ll work with your coach to:
- envision possibilities together, exploring principles of life design to determine how you can learn and grow within your current role at the university;
- identify opportunities at UT that will support your professional development and advancement; and
- connect you with your network here, assist you in creating resumes and cover letters targeted for specific UT opportunities, and demonstrate how to articulate your strengths in the interview process
Ready to get started? You can schedule coaching appointments in the following areas through our Bookings page:
- Career Development Coaching | Let’s talk about your career goals at UT
- Identifying Opportunities at UT Knoxville | Brainstorm ways to grow and advance within your current role and department or identify new opportunities within the university
- Resume and Cover Letter Development | Develop and edit your resume and cover letter to articulate your strengths and accomplishments when applying for an opportunity at UT Knoxville
- Preparing for Your UT Knoxville Interview | Let’s practice a few interview questions so you feel comfortable and confident articulating your skills, strengths and accomplishments in your upcoming interview for a position at UT Knoxville
We’re eager to engage staff and value collaboration with departments to design career development programming for your team. Complete this form to request a session for your department and if you experience any challenge using Bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.