Annual performance reviews are a key component of employee development. The performance review is intended to be a fair and balanced assessment of an employee’s performance. UT Policy HR0129, Performance Review, specifies that the objective of the annual review is to provide all regular University staff and their supervisors an opportunity to:
- Discuss job performance
- Set goals for professional development
- Establish objectives for contributing to the department’s mission
- Discuss expectations and accomplishments
Several resources are available to help prepare supervisors and employees for the performance evaluation process:
- Online training – Performance Review E-learning Course
- In-person training – Knoxville-area training sessions are scheduled for 2012-2013. Click here to see the schedule and register.
A Performance Review Summary Form will be completed for all staff employees according to the Performance Review Instruction Form and forwarded to the Human Resources Office. The Performance Review Summary Form is available in the following formats for your convenience:
- Performance Review Summary Form - Word (Updated 10-19-2012)
- Performance Review Interactive Summary with Goals - Interactive PDF (Updated 01-30-2013)
- Performance Review Instruction Form (Updated 10-17-2012)
- Performance Review FAQs (Updated 10-17-2012)
The Performance Reviw Summary Form is the only required form.
Submit the completed Performance Review Summary Form (and any requested back-up documentation needed to support the final evaluation) to:
UT HR-Knoxville Office
232 Conference Center Building
Campus – 4125
New Optional Forms for 2012
Three optional tools have been added to help supervisors make informed decisions about performance. The performance review summary form listed above is the only required form. The optional tools explained below can be used at supervisors’ discretion to help in completing the performance review summary form and to address improvement needs.
The Optional Administrator, Supervisor or Peer Review Form (PDF) (Word) allows supervisors to collect feedback about an employee’s performance from those who work with the employee. The form should be completed at the supervisor’s request and returned to the supervisor.
The Optional Performance Improvement Plan (PDF) (Word) can be used by supervisors after completing the Performance Review Summary Form to address areas needing attention with employees receiving overall ratings of Sometimes Achieves Expectations or Rarely Achieves Expectations on the summary form. It also provides an opportunity to discuss specific improvements needed for employees to Fully Achieve Expectations.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at (865) 946-8847.