Annual performance reviews are a key component of employee development. The performance review is intended to be a fair and balanced assessment of an employee’s performance. UT Policy HR0129, Performance Review, specifies that the objective of the annual review is to provide all regular University staff and their supervisors an opportunity to:
- Discuss job performance
- Set goals for professional development
- Establish objectives for contributing to the department’s mission
- Discuss expectations and accomplishments
Several resources are available to help prepare supervisors and employees for the performance evaluation process:
- Online training – Performance Review E-learning Course
- In-person training – Knoxville-area training sessions are scheduled through Employee & Organizational Development (EOD). Please contact EOD at 865-974-6657 to schedule in-person training.
Forms and Guidelines
Details can be found on the Guidelines page:
Only one performance review can be submitted per staff member. If an employee is evaluated by more than one supervisor, the supervisors must come to agreement on one overall score.
Submit the completed Performance Review Summary Form (and any requested back-up documentation needed to support the final evaluation) to:
UT HR-Knoxville Office
105 Student Services Building
Campus – 0213
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 865-946-8847.