Established in 1989, the Sick Leave Bank (SLB) provides members who are experiencing serious illnesses an opportunity to request additional paid leave from the bank after exhausting all personal accrued leave.
Knoxville area SLB members with an emergency illness or injury should complete and print the Sick Leave Bank Withdrawal Request Application for Knoxville Area.
SLB members of the Institute of Agriculture with an emergency illness or injury, should complete and print the Sick Leave Bank Withdrawal Request Application for UTIA.
The completed form should be returned to Human Resources at 105 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN.
The SLB annual enrollment period is April through June. To be eligible, you must be a regular UT employee accruing sick leave, with a sick leave balance of at least 48 hours or six days (prorated for regular part-time employees) by June 30. Employees meeting these requirements who wish to join the bank must complete an open enrollment application and agree to donate 24 hours of sick leave to the bank. The annual deadline for membership is June 30.
For more information, visit Policy HR0382 on the Sick Leave Bank or contact Human Resources at 865-974-6642.
Sick Leave Bank Trustees for the Knoxville Area/UTSI
- Marcia Lane, Retail, Hospitality & Tourism, Administrative Specialist II
- Chris Durman, Library, Associate Professor
- C. Roger McDonald, Facilities Services, Construction Supervisor
- Pam Quick, Payroll, Associate Director
- Mike West, University Housing Maintenance, Associate Director
Sick Leave Bank Trustees for UTIA
- Angie Fox, Herbert College of Agriculture, Administrative Specialist III
- Timothy Fawver, Extension Service Administration, Chief Business Officer to the Chancellor
- Carrera Romanini, Experiment Station, Administrative Assistant