The Design Your Life (DYL) Professional Fellows cohort program provides full-time non-exempt and exempt staff within the Division of Diversity and Engagement; College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences; Department of Human Resources; and Divisions of Student Success and Student Life, the opportunity to explore life design and gain professional experience in a different department or functional area.
As a result of this experience, we hope that you will:
- Gain an understanding of how life design can help you identify what’s important to you in your life and career and how they align; determine the activities where you experience the highest level of engagement and energy; think broadly and creatively about future possibilities by developing alternative versions of your future; and prototype ideas from your plans.
- Through your fellowship, develop experience and knowledge within other areas of the university by supporting programs and/or initiatives, conducting research/assessment, and/or contributing to meetings and collaborative efforts important to you and the host department.
- Use the knowledge and experience you have gained through your fellowship to enhance your current role within the university.
- Develop skills and experience that will support your continuing career development.
- You must be a full-time non-exempt or exempt employee within one of the participating areas of the university. Because of the limited term nature of their appointment, Career Gateway Program staff are not eligible to participate.
- You must commit to one-hour weekly meetings during the first half of the fellowship and be able to dedicate 4-6 hours per week to your fellowship host department during the final six weeks of the fellowship. Your actual fellowship hours will depend on your goals and objectives and your host supervisor’s goals and objectives.
- Because you will be requesting release time from your current department to participate, your current supervisor’s approval is necessary.
- Since this experience is designed for your professional development, you will receive training credit for participation; no additional stipend will be provided by your fellowship host department. You will continue to receive your salary from your current department during the fellowship.
- You must submit the completed fellowship application and your current resume (a resume draft is fine) prior to the deadline.
- Prior to applying, discuss the fellowship with your supervisor to gain their approval.
- Complete the application, including your signature and your supervisor’s signature, and email it with your resume to Nancy Burkett at email@example.com by midnight on July 10, 2023.
Questions? Contact Nancy Burkett, HR’s Career Development Coach for staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.