Whether you’re a new manager or have been a supervisor or department head for years, the compensation team offers many services to support you. We can assist you in exploring a reorganization, creating a new position for posting to our jobseeker website, or looking at an existing position that has evolved over the years. We also work with departmental HR contacts to process many different types of compensation and position transactions. Please call us at 865-974-6642 to see how we might partner with you!
Create, Change, or Reclassify a Position
- Fill out a Classification Request form and a Position Description (PD) form describing the position
- Submit the Classification Request, Position Description, and an Organizational Chart through your department’s HR contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compensation reviews the PD and provides a classification recommendation
- IRIS workflow is started (ZPPOSITION000) to change or create the position
- A requisition may be started to begin the recruitment process at this time
- If a position is re-classified and results in a pay change, a paper change form must also be completed
To create or change a temporary student or faculty position:
- Start the workflow in IRIS using the ZPPOSITION000 form, a PD is not required.
More information on IRIS forms can be found on the IRIS website under the HR/Payroll function.
For additional information about compensation practices and philosophy, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and overtime eligibility, visit the Employee Compensation page.