Supervision requires preparation, learning, and renewal. At UT, we provide our managers with many opportunities to enhance their knowledge and skills and to connect with other managers. Whether you’re a new manager or have been a manager for years, Employee and Organizational Development (EOD) offers several learning platforms, all dedicated to you!
- E-Learning: Online learning is a convenient alternative to in-person training. Our online platform offers more than 300 specialized courses in such topics as
- Business ethics
- Effective business communication
- Environmental health and safety
- Dynamics of leadership
- Dealing with conflict
- Organizational change
- Workplace diversity
- Certificate Programs: Our Supervisory Foundation Certificate is a collaborative experience in which supervisors learn within a peer network and take their supervisory skills to the next level.
- Conferences and Seminars: We offer supervisors several shorter, more intensive learning experiences that are perfect for connecting and learning with new and seasoned managers and supervisors!
- Special Topics: Perhaps your interest is in a particular computer class, IRIS training, or a different topic. We hope we can fulfill your need either through an in-person class or an online offering.
Career development is a partnership between supervisor and employee, and both play critical roles. It is an employee’s responsibility to consider the course of their career and what goals and objectives they wish to set. It is the supervisor’s role to create a setting where discussions about career development can take place and to support employee career goals while at the same time providing feedback related to their current role. Beginning with the onboarding experience, supervisors begin a long communication relationship with an employee that can be rewarding to both parties. Below are some tools that might be helpful to you when considering how to support your staff members’ career development goals.